Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, July 11, 2008

RESPECTFULLY YOURS

Aw geez. What are we going to do about Uncle Mike, huh? He's my dad's older brother. I care about him because he's family, but honestly, I don't understand how those two came from the same womb. He keeps sending me these obtuse forwarded emails that are either about prayer or about Barack Obama and his terrorist schemes. I don't know what to say about him. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if I found out he lost a game of tic tac toe to a bowl of dry cat food.

MIKE'S EMAIL: New Pledge of Allegiance (TOTALLY AWESOME) ! Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word "God" is mentioned. A kid in Arizona wrote the attached:

New school prayer : Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now.

[Blah, blah, blah, I can't even bring myself to repeat that drivel.]

MY CRISP REPLY: Dear Uncle Mike, 1) What a stupid poem. 2) What an idiot kid. Please stop sending me this conservative garbage. If you do I will be forced to fill your inbox with contrary literature.

Respectfully,
Winter Wren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home