Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

INSURANCE AGONY

After the automobile accident I went to the hospital. Again, I probably would not have bothered had I not been five months pregnant, but the paramedics guy insisted I go. Now I have this hilarious $965.40 bill.

While at the hospital I gave up my health insurance information. Like a fool I thought medical bills should be covered by health insurance. But since it was an automobile accident, apparently, it is the auto insurance that eats the tab. So whatever. I call the hospital and give them The Steady's automobile insurance information. Within an hour, they call me back and ask if I own a car and if I have auto insurance. Yes and yes. Then they tell me it is my auto insurance's responsibility to cover the medical bills, even though I was just a passenger in somebody else’s car.

Isn't this terribly fun??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. The driver of the car that hit you when they ran the red light should be paying for it though. My wife was 7 months along when some jackass hit her from behind. The police insisted she go to the hospital even though it was just a fender bender. She was monitored like you and all checked out fine. The other drivers insurance insisted on paying for the bill...and did.

2/26/2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home