Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TEN POUNDS

I gained exactly thirty pounds during my pregnancy (recommendations fall between 25-35 lbs). Now that the kid is two weeks old I decided to check my postpartum weight for the first time. I've already lost 20 lbs. Three cheers for breastfeeding! Did you know breastfeeding moms need to consume an extra 500 - 1,000 calories a day?

Already my joints feel relieved. It must be horribly taxing on one's frame to be overweight. I had a rough time lugging around 30 extra pounds. It is hard to imagine slogging around 50 or 80!

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I don't have much to say, I'm just enjoying your enjoyment. :)

Are you getting any sleep yet?

6/18/2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.

-Anon

6/19/2009

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Sure, about three or four hours at night. But I try to catch some winks during the day too.

6/19/2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home