Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"GUESTS"

The Steady's parents drove to town once they heard I was going into labor. They came to the hospital on our release day and drove home with us. It was a very stressful morning what with all the paperwork, never mind the new responsibility of a howling newborn.

I mean can you imagine the craziness of it all?

The Steady's mom (a kind, generous, but extremely high maintenance person) makes a beeline for the bathroom once we get home. And I'm frazzled out of my fucking wits when I suddenly hear her shout from behind the bathroom door, "Don't you guys have any hand towels!?"

Seriously woman? We're bringing home our very first newborn and all you can do is complain about our lack of hand towels?? That is when I knew long days were ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home