Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, May 29, 2015

THE REAL ME

I have been thinking about it recently and I have come to the conclusion that I don't post regularly because 1) my life isn't terribly interesting and 2) I lack the talent to make it sound more interesting than it is.  So why not formally call it quits?  Because if I did, I wouldn't have a safe place to share thoughts that the general public might find unseemly.  For example, I think Southeast Asia looks like an enormous scrotum.  And although this fact is painfully obvious, it still wouldn't be appropriate for me to point it out on Facebook.  I mean, can you even say the words 'ball sack' on Facebook?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it doesn’t come across as odd, but I’ve been reading your posts since 2005 and I probably always will. I think your life is pretty darn interesting and your views have always made me smile and laugh and think about things a bit more than I usually would. Anyway, it’s good to know you are doing well. I’ll never look at Southeast Asia the same again. You are right! -Anon

6/03/2015

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

YOU! The one withy the glasses! (Or the one without glasses!) You can't be my motivation to write. If you were, I would predictably get wrapped up in some silly mind-fuck about being "good enough" for The Internet and I would paralyzed with fear.

But your comment and your loyalty totally made my day! Thank you for supporting and enabling my ribald thoughts. You are the best.

6/05/2015

 

Post a Comment

<< Home