Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, June 18, 2015

LET'S FACE IT. AS A SPECIES, WE'RE FUCKED

Today was a beautiful day.  So I took my daughter on a walk to the store to buy some things for dinner.  We were nearly home, walking though the alleyway to the backyard when we see a big black SUV coming our way.  I move out of the vehicle's path (because it's going pretty fast) while I continue my conversation with my daughter.

Suddenly, the SUV screeches to a halt and the driver sticks her head out the window and yells in a hostile voice, "what did you just say!?"

I repeat my most recent sentence verbatim, "do you want to go home and watch happy baby?"

The driver says, "what??"

I say again, "uhh...do you want to go home and watch happy baby.  I was talking to my daughter."

So she says, "you better just keep walking?"

I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.

"Or what?" I ask.

"Fuck you."  She answers.

Really people?? Really?

I need a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home