Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

DAY NINE

Okay.

I just swept my entire apartment in an effort to procrastinate writing this entry. That is so sad. And yet, so completely effective in motivating me to clean out this shoebox I call home. That's really all I got for you today. Well, that and this. Three things I learned while listening to NPR yesterday:

1. The Koran is meant to be read aloud. The actual translation of the word Koran is 'to recite.'

2. The correlation between violent video games and violence in the youth that play said video games is stronger than the correlation between second hand smoke and cancer. Okay, all together now: whoa shit!

3. I still kind of have a crush on Paul Rubens. He was interviewed by Terry Gross last night on Fresh Air and I found him delightfully quirky and charming. And nerdy. You know I can't resist the nerdy. How jealous of Dotty I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home