Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, January 23, 2005

ELIMINATING RACISM AND EMPOWERING WOMEN

I was at the YWCA yesterday afternoon. After completing a slow seven miles I went downstairs to stretch out. I found an empty aerobics room adjacent to the gym where some adolescent boys were playing basket ball. I could hear them clearly through the closed double doors and the things they were saying kinda rattled my cage. They were calling each other "nigger" and talking about girls with "big titties." I personally don't think these kids were trying to be obnoxious, offensive or disrespectful, but I did think they needed to be reminded that they were being totally obnoxious, offensive, and disrespectful. Especially since the mission statement of the YWCA is, empowering women and eliminating racism. With all that thought out, I informed the folks at the front desk and they went down and spoke with them.

Hi, I'm an old crabby lady.
Fuck with me and I'll beat your ass with my cane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home