Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, February 04, 2005

PERMISSION GRANTED

Calm down girl. It's just money. Lots and lots of money. The one thing that is far more bothersome than having to pay eleven hundred dollars for someone else to fix their car* is the fact that I'm actually letting it get to me. I'm inviting all this bad energy into my home, sitting it down, feeding it coffee and powdered donut holes. I'm charming. I'm entertaining. But every time I disappear into the kitchen, I grab the nearest towel and wring it until my knuckles go white.

Accident: Permission to annoy you.
Winter Wren: Permission granted.

* I would so much rather got to Paris for the weekend. Maybe I should do that; plan a fake trip. I could get a bunch of post cards and pretend that I went to Paris. I could sit around for an afternoon, smoke a whole bale of grass and just imagine a vacation in Paris. Then, I would "come back" and tell everyone what a great time it was and consider the money well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home