Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

STAY ON TARGET. STAY ON TARGET. STEADY...STEADY...

Today I gave my math class their third exam of the quarter. The skills being assessed were a little trickier so the atmosphere was a little tenser. My thoughts were completely drowned out by the furious punching of plastic calculator buttons and the mad scribbling of mechanical pencils. Heads were scratched. Brows were furrowed. You get the picture. To avoid feeling completely dull, I decided to read a case study from my environmental science textbook about the pollution of the Themes. There, I discovered that the water closet was invented in 1810 by a man named Thomas Crapper. Thomas! Crapper! I sort of snickered. Then I giggled. And then I snickered again until I was quite out of control. My palms were getting sweaty and I thought I would have to step outside to collect myself. It was very embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home