Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, June 03, 2005

NO MORE TEACHER'S DIRTY LOOKS

I have been teaching at this college for one year. In that time, I have seen one hundred and ninety students. Seven of those students were women. The rest were hooting, knuckle dragging, chest beating, feces throwing simians!

Hahaha! Whooooo. That feels better.


Since this is such a male dominated wilderness, the school decided to assemble a few focus groups for female employees. And it's probably not shocking to you, dear reader, because you are so very clever, that most of the women working here are administrative assistants. Which, isn't that just the quaking epicenter of the issue? Anyways, they are nice ladies with rage eye shadow, and they rarely make a stink face when I help myself to their assorted mint candies, but it must be these very women that planned the focus groups because they were all scheduled in the middle of the freaking day during the last week of classes when all three percent of female instructors were in class, teaching. I arrived seventy minutes late because I was giving a final, but whatever. It’s not like I have a unique experience to contribute to this project. It's not like I’m on the front lines of this boys will be boys bullshit, getting comments on my class evaluations like, “It was a distraction having such a good looking teacher.” But oh! I like this comment even better: "She should teach kindergarten."

Hahaha assholes! Jokes on you! I do teach kindergarten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home