Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, November 25, 2005

PIT PAT AND THE POLLUTED CAKE

My brother told me about how his roommate bought him a cake for his 29th birthday from a bakery in China Town last summer. They went out for dinner with some other friends to celebrate. When dinner was over, they returned home and had a slice of cake each. Almost immediately his roommate was violently ill, yakking in the bathroom sink. My brother too felt sick but instead of throwing up, he opted for writhing in pain on the living room couch. In any case, it wasn’t a very jocund birthday. Unless, you know, you're into that sort of thing.

Pit Pat understandably upset about this took the half eaten cake back to the Chinese bakery the next morning and demanded his roommate’s money back. In appropriate old world form, they told him to piss off, he probably got sick on something else. Finally he said, “Okay, you know what? If you don’t give me my money back right now, I’m going to eat the rest of the cake and then I’m going to throw it up right here in the store.” I suppose they found this a cogent argument because they gave him the refund.

I love my brother, batshit insane though he may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home