Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, November 17, 2005

SCIENCE TEACHER CAMEO

Our local Fox TV station* did a short story last Sunday about people's perceptions of Hummer vehicles. They rented one and fixed a hidden camera inside because they wanted to get video footage of people's reactions as they drove it around town. Now I obviously wasn't polluting my brain with faux news last Sunday, however two of my environmental science students came to class claiming they saw me on the tele giving the ole stinky eye to this video rigged vehicle. As soon as they told me about it, it dawned on me: there was a Hummer parked in the parking lot of my neighborhood whole foods co-op late last week. I recall walking past it and although I can't remember exactly what my face was doing at the time, I'd say there's a 97.26% chance it was looking scowly. Mostly, I remember being confused upon seeing it. It's a tad oxymoronic to have such gas guzzling fatty parked outside a place that sells hemp socks, but whatever. I laughed and asked these students the camera caught me carving expletives into the door with my pen knife.

* By the way, suck my dick FOX TV. Why don't you find some real news to report on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home