Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, November 19, 2005

BIRTHDAY AT THE VFW

Last night my friend Jamie celebrated his twenty-ninth birthday at the VFW. In this city, that’s where you go for stiff drinks and really good karaoke. I sang Let’s Hear It For the Boy by Denise Williams and then Careless Whispers by WHAM! That’s right, Careless Whispers. You know the words: guilty feet have got no rhythm. The rest of the night I pretty much drank in excess and danced around like a ass fool. About half way through the night I went out back with Jamie’s boyfriend and a regular, Eddie, who was generous enough to share some of his bob hope with us. When I came back inside the music and the track lights were absolutely sublime. Right up until the house lights went on, my friend Jamie kept exclaiming, “Isn’t the VFW fucking awesome? I fucking love the VFW.”

Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home