Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, April 21, 2008

SKEEVY DOUCHE-BAG

I have this student T. He's your quintessential skeevy douche-bag. Why might I assign such a harsh label? Well, one day I was setting up the TV VCR at the beginning of class when he bursts out, "Is there going to be any girl-on-girl action?" Okay 1) not even funny and 2) nobody wants to know about your sad/lonely/pathetic weekend hobbies. Least of all me.

When he has a question or if I help him solve a problem, he always says 'thank you dere!' I had always hoped he was saying the word 'there' with a thick northern accent but lately, it sounds as if he is actually calling me 'dear' which makes me Shudder! With! Disgust!

Icky Yucky Yuck!!

Since I was not absolutely sure what he was saying, I never corrected him. But today he called me 'sweetie.' Argh! I said, 'Don't call me dear and don't call me sweetie, ever! I am neither to you!!'

3 Comments:

Blogger jcat said...

Good for you. We spend so much time being sympathetic to all the possible causal factors that go into making such a person that they're now flood through the fingers of society faster than ever.I know that teachers are not expected to provide this but all the knowledge in the world won't help them if they become social misfits.

4/23/2008

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Oh man jcat, I wish you could see the place I work! I mean, they're not ALL boors. Some are rather dapper and gallant. (Like, 5% of them.) The rest don't know that it's NOT okay to prop stinky work boots on the desk and belch while talking about the incident at the strip club last night...While chewin' n' spittin' n' shit.

4/23/2008

 
Blogger jcat said...

With so much wisdom I'm sure you'll transform a few.

4/24/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home