Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I RECOMMEND YOU FIND SOMEBODY ELSE

Yesterday marked the end of the second week of class this quarter. During my lunch period a math student came down to the office and asked if I would write him a letter of recommendation by 3:00 PM.

I said, "We are in the second week of class. The only thing I know about you is that in the last fourteen days you somehow managed to rack up three unexcused absences. I could write a letter, but it wouldn't be one you would want to submit with any sort of...application."

He replied, "Well, you weren't my first choice."

And well, I'm happy to know the kid has some sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Makes me wonder what his first choice wrote...or wouldn't write (:|

12/15/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home