Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, June 19, 2015

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON

Yesterday's Encounter With Crazy reminded me of another imteraction that took place a few months ago.

I was bringing my kids to the YWCA, and as usual, they were bickering with each other about who gets to press the button for the automatic door.  As we walk through, this older woman says to me, "that entrance should be reserved for people with disabilities!"

I replied, "It's very useful to me when I'm carrying my child and our many bags.  Besides, how does our use of this door negatively impact you?"

Her response?  It wastes electricity.  But that's not all!  She told me I am setting my children up to be LIFELONG ENERGY WASTERS.

I just want it to be known, oh dear readers, that I am a horrible, terrible person.

Wow, that feels great, getting that off my chest.  I am no longer LIVING A LIE.

Yeeesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home